Today’s architectural trends are moving towards “colour-rendered” homes and offices. Traditionally, this style is done using a cement render but such process is tedious, expensive and is plagued with heaps of limitations. Not to mention failures. So why not use AcraTex instead?
What is AcraTex?
Dulux AcraTex is a stylish range of granular, non-granular and high build texture coatings made from 100% pure acrylic. And is a common feature of many exclusive houses and properties in Australia. These Acrylic Texture Systems were invented in the 80’s to replace prone to cracking, hard and brittle cement renders. AcraTex does not only add a distinguishable texture to your homes and offices, it also protects your concrete making them last longer.
Dulux AcraTex texture coatings are designed for fast and convenient application. These coatings deliver consistent finishes and come in various colours, so no painting is necessary. Depending on your needs, AcraTex texture coatings can be tinted to your specific colour choice. Compared to traditional cement renders, AcraTex texture coating have the following advantages:
- A wide range of decorative profiles are created by roller, spray or trowel.
- Over 3,500 colours on demand.
- 100% acrylic textures remain flexible which caters for structural movements that traditional sand and cement renders can’t.
- 100% acrylic textures do not wet up and change colour like cement render.
- Dulux AcraTex texture coatings will not crack and craze.
- A texture system bridge stable hairline cracks found in some cement renders.
- 100% Acrylic textures do not leach salts that will cause traditional cement renders to show white patches.
- Dulux AcraTex textures top coated with 955 AcraShield are self-cleaning and require little or no maintenance.
- Different grades of textures provide a variety of texture finishes.
- Dulux AcraTex 3 coat systems, consisting of a primer, texture and a topcoat offer a 10 year written Dulux warranty.
- Dulux AcraTex 4 coat systems, consisting of a primer, texture and a 2 top coats offer a 15 year written Dulux warranty.
AcraTex roof membrane paintings are more than just coloured roof coatings. They are designed not only to increase the beauty of your roofs but also to protect your properties and meet your various needs. Below are some of the popular roof coating membranes that we use in our projects:
- Dulux AcraTex 962 Roof Membrane – a high build, elastomeric water-based, 100% pure acrylic roof coating best suited for concrete or metal roofs. The formulation allows for the collection of safe drinking water from run-offs of first rains.
- Dulux AcraTex 962 Cool Roof – a specialized membrane that reflects more than 50% of the Sun’s heat, keeping your roofs cool even at high noon. Cool Roof membranes come in different colours and can be tinted to the specific colour of your choice if needed.
- Dulux AcraTex 953 Membrane 105 – a high performance elastomeric membrane coating that protects your roofs from the harshest weather conditions. AcraTex 953 provides maximum protection against atmospheric pollutants and water ingress, prolonging the beauty and life of your metal or concrete roofs.
Trained Dulux AcraTex Applicators at Your Service
JR Complete Painting has a team of duly trained AcraTex applicators to meet your AcraTex coating needs. As trained AcraTex applicators, we will coat your roofs and walls with AcraTex to perfection with 10 to 15 years Dulux Warranty depending on the type of coating system you choose. Want to know more? Contact us today!
“Prompt and professional service!”
Prompt and professional service. Was extremely flexible in working around my availability and workmanship was great.
“Cannot recommend Jarad and his boys highly enough!”
Cannot recommend Jarad and his boys highly enough. Professional, great service, prompt and reliable and affordable. These local boys really take pride in their work and were very considerate in our home whilst working. It’s a credit to Jarad watching his business grow and will recommend JR Painting for sure!